lunes, 26 de septiembre de 2011

Piti and I: The Perfect Childhood

Kids are always happy when they have someone to play with other than human friends. A pet is always important in a kid’s life. Pets bring joy, love and friendship to our lives. Piti brought all of those aspects to mine. When I was born my parents decided to bring a pet to our house. Piti was a female salchicha. I named her that way because that’s all I could say when I was a baby. My parents try to give her another name but I refused to call her something else. Piti and I would play all day long together. She was amazing. Also she was beautiful and so energetic. We would always go for a walk and sleep together too. I would share my bed with Piti. I was the happiest kid because Piti was by my side.
When I was feeling young, Piti was getting old. I started playing with toys instead of playing with Piti. I remember once when Piti took one of my favorite toys and made me chase her. I was extremely mad at her that I even kicked her. I was a little kid, so I felt terribly bad for kicking on Piti. I hugged her and told her she was my girl. Is amazing how something so little on Earth can make you feel safe and complete. Piti was amazing. I will never get tired of telling how amazing she was. I also remember feeling sad whenever I went on a trip and she had to stay alone at my house. I couldn’t stand the fact that she was left alone. But I would make it up to her with games. Her favorite game was chasing me. I can still get the feeling of nervousness she made me feel when playing that.
I accept the fact that everyone has to die at some point in life. I just can’t accept the fact that Piti had to leave soon. I was exactly nine years old when Piti died. She was old and tired. She couldn’t play the chasing game with me anymore. Even though my parents told me everything was going to be fine, I knew nothing was right. One day when I came from school all happy to hug Piti, she was not there. I started crying because I knew what had happened. My mom told me that Piti was ready to leave and have a better life in heaven and also that she left a message for me before she left. The message was that she wanted me to be a good kid, to do all my homework and to always remember her. I cried more when my mother told me that. After her death I didn’t want to accept any other pet but I had my brother and a baby brother coming soon and they needed a pet to play with too.
My parents then brought a new dog to our house. I have to admit that I love this new pet, but it will never ever replace Piti. Piti was present in an important stage of my life. I have to be very grateful to Piti for making my days blue when they were gray. I can say that I’m a witness of how animals can bring joy to one’s life. Kids need someone to count on and the perfect someone are pets. I’m grateful to my parents for bringing Piti to my childhood. She is an always will be the best pet I could’ve ever asked for. Pets doesn’t care if you are rich, good looking, thin, fat, tall, short or even with mental illnesses; they will love you no matter what. If you treat them well you can feel them loving you back. When I get kids I’ll bring to their lives a pet because I want them to have the same experience I had. I think that pets can make a big change in your life. They influence in a positive way if you let them love you. All they need is your love and respect. So today I’m bringing back the best memory I have from my childhood. Piti is in my mind, but most of all in my heart. Somewhere she will never disappear.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario